Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Begrudgingly Taken First Step

Blogging. From the Greek word "blogos" meaning: writing which few people read and still fewer are interested in. While the concept of blogging is not completely foreign to me, I must confess that the thought of entranced readers spending any significant amount of time in front of a computer reading about my own mishaps and misadventures seems a bit fantastic and mysterious to me. Blogging has always been something that other people do in an ever modernizing world while I try unsuccessfully to spend less and less time in front of a computer...until now. It would seem that life circumstances have brought me to a point where maintaining individual correspondences with people I care about will be, for a temporary stretch of time, logistically unfeasible, leaving me with little recourse other than to take my place in front of the mighty keyboard of fortune and cast my lot into the blogosphere of destiny in an effort to keep those interested parties abreast in the unfolding of my life's own moderately interesting events.

Given this is my first ever attempt at blogging, journaling, or any other "ing's" which provide some sort of insight into my innermost monologue, I will take the pre-emptive step of asking for your patience and understanding as I subject you to various run-on sentences, typyo's, and general incoherence as I struggle to express my thoughts in a reader-friendly format. In return, I will do my best to provide you, my legions (very generous use of the term) of loyal readers with colorful descriptions of my most interesting (or least uninteresting) encounters and discoveries. I cannot promise timely uploading of new posts or tales worthy of passing on to one's grandchildren, but I can promise that while I am providing you my irregularly irregular updates I will be thinking of you, an uncountable body of enchanted and enthralled readers composed of friends and loved ones, and looking forward to the day we meet again and I can hear your misadventures as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment